Your summer vacation and hiking in the Zillertal
Our 4-star active and wellness hotel offers you a peaceful location on the margin of the village, surrounded by blossoming pastures and gardens for your optimal relaxation in the Zillertal mountains. The starting point for every type of summer sport, including biking, hiking, mountaineering, climbing, tandem flying, paragliding and much more.
Hiking in the Zillertal mountains is one of the most magnificent and fascinating leisure activities in the summer months. An experience for young and old, for experienced and less practised mountain fans. A NEW feature is the high rope garden in Kaltenbach – Our guests receive a 20% discount.
You also get the opportunity to tour the village by carriage or learn to ride.
Cycling in the Zillertal
Especially for all those who love cycling, the Zillertal offers you numerous cycle routes on around 800 km of cycle hiking paths through the entire valley – also suitable for inexperienced bikers. 1 valley - over 800 km of mountainbike routes and cycle ways - a true paradise for bikers. Over 30 different tours ranging from the simple cycle path between Strass and Mayrhofen with a length of 40 km and a height difference of only 83 m (taking 3 to 4 hours) through to exciting mountain bike tours to alpine pastures and huts.
E-Bike Rental at our Hotel
Our Hotel Magdalena is a rental station of Movelo
You can now easily rent an E-bike and enjoy the beautiful mountain scenery, which begins at our doorstep. Even the famous Zillertal High Road should now be a joy to ride for everyone.
Rent, sit and go ...
Easily cycle through beautiful landscapes, "experience" holiday with an e-bike and get to know attractive leisure destinations - with movelo biking is fun to enjoy!
Rental costs: € 15,00 per day per E-bike
Hiking in the Zillertal
The hiking offer in the Zillertal is simply gigantic. From pleasant and not too effortful hiking routes for the whole family through routes of medium difficulty up to very demanding tours, such as the high-altitude mountain paths. There’s something for every hiker and climber. The many and varied themed routes are also very interesting. On these routes, you can discover e.g. something of the world of birds here, the farming of the pastures and the history of the Zillertal. Let yourself be enchanted and enjoy the unique natural landscapes of the Tyrol.
The Berlin Hut
Hiking on the Berlin High Altitude Trail to the Berlin Hut is manageable for hikers who feel secure in the terrain of the High Alps. It is important to have good equipment as well as good fitness, careful footwork, freedom from vertigo on some passages and experience as a hiker.
The Grier Meadow
The Grieralm, or Grier Meadow, a natural paradise located in the lower Tux at 1,786 m. The meadow can be easily reached from 4 hiking trails, each with a hiking time of about an hour.
Our service for you
- Daily guided cycling and hiking tours with guide from hotel and leisurely stops on meadows
- Hiking suggestions from your landlady of the Magdalena
- Daily weather report
- Lockable cycle cellar
- Free city bike hire in the hotel
- Service stand for small repairs
- Washing machine for your sports clothing
- Drying room for shoes and clothing & laundry service
- Special massages in our 4-elements spa area
- Don’t miss our regular offers for your summer vacation in the Zillertal
- To the interactive cycle map of the Zillertal
- To the interactive hiking map of the Zillertal
- Our weekly active program from Mondays to Fridays
- The Magdalena weekly pamper program
- Free brochures with routes available at the reception desk
- Exciting adventures with Geocaching in the Zillertal
- To the Zillertaler Aktivcard
- Music festivals in the Zillertal
A magnificent feeling of freedom, a peaceful wide natural landscape and the picturesque beauty of the Zillertal