Our passion for hospitality
History of the Hotel Magdalena
The 'Magdalena' is now run by the family's third generation. Frau Magdalena Schösser has been the heart of the family-run business since 1972 and always there to take good care of her guests. Herr Gottfried Schösser, as a wine connoisseur, organises weekly wine tastings! Herr Bernhard Riedl (son-in-law) has been head chef since 1999 and is responsible for culinary matters at the Hotel Magdalena. Frau Margareta Riedl (daughter) manages reception as well as marketing.
The Magdalena has been managed by the young generation since November 2015!
Margareta & Bernhard Riedl, together with Valentina, welcome this new challenge.
- 1968 Construction of a 30-bed guesthouse by Aloisia and Johann Wildauer
- 1976 Classification as a 3-star hotel, extended to 40 rooms
- 1979 Hotel operations taken over Magdalena Schösser
- 1980 Extended to 110 beds
- 1996 Landscaping of the garden with bio swimming pond and Kneipp trail
- 1998 Construction of the 300 m² sauna complex together with beauty treatment and massage rooms
- 1998 Classification as a 4-star hotel
- 2000 Construction of the indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- 2003 / 2004 Renovation of the standard rooms
- 2006 Redesign of the hotel lobby, restaurant and bar
- 2009 Renovation and enlargement of the 21 old rooms into suites, adoption of new fire safety standards, thermal renovations and creation a new spa (massage and beauty treatment rooms)
- 2015 Upgrading of 6 "Zillertal" rooms and creation of 2 new "Valentina de Luxe" suites, which offer wheelchair access and separate living/sleeping area
- 2015 New buffet area area incl. show kitchen and development of a new energy concept; creation of a new heat recycling plant
Our hotel's philosophy is to provide something for every guest: peace and quiet, satisfaction and friendliness.