Our passion for hospitality
History of the Hotel Magdalena
The 'Magdalena' is now run by the family's third generation. Frau Magdalena Schösser has been the heart of the family-run business since 1972 and always there to take good care of her guests. Herr Gottfried Schösser, as a wine connoisseur, organises weekly wine tastings! Herr Bernhard Riedl (son-in-law) has been head chef since 1999 and is responsible for culinary matters at the Hotel Magdalena. Frau Margareta Riedl (daughter) manages reception as well as marketing.
- 1968 Construction of a 30-bed guesthouse by Aloisia and Johann Wildauer
- 1976 Classification as a 3-star hotel, extended to 40 rooms
- 1979 Daughter, Magdalena Schösser (né Wildauer) takes over hotel operations
- 1980 Extended to 110 beds
- 1996 Landscaping of the garden with bio swimming pond and Kneipp trail
- 1998 Construction of the 300 m² sauna complex together with beauty treatment and massage rooms
- 1998 Classification as a 4-star hotel
- 2000 Construction of the indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- 2003 / 2004 Renovation of the standard rooms
- 2006 Redesign of the hotel lobby, restaurant and bar
2009 - SPECIALISATION ON HOLIDAYS WITH DOGS
- 2009 Renovation and enlargement of the 21 old rooms into suites, adoption of new fire safety standards, thermal renovations and creation a new spa (massage and beauty treatment rooms)
- 2015 Upgrading of 6 "Zillertal" rooms and creation of 2 new "Valentina de Luxe" suites, which offer wheelchair access and separate living/sleeping area
- 2015 New buffet area area incl. show kitchen and development of a new energy concept; creation of a new heat recycling plant
- 2018 – 2019 Addition of 2x "Therese" suites and 1x "Aloisia" suite
- 2019 Redesign of the dog washroom, meeting room, and rear entrance
- NEW from December 2021: addition of 3 new Luis luxury suites & refurbishment and redesign of 10 Magdalena double rooms
Our service for you
- Discover our beautiful rooms and suites with panoramic views of the Zillertal mountain scenery.
- Our prices include over 55 inclusive services and find out more about our booking information
- Dogs are welcome and one dog is for free - each additional dog costs €10 per day!
- Do not miss our regular offers for a last-minute holiday in Tyrol/Austria!
- Our weekly pampering program is free of charge for all guests!
- Our Hotel brochure now available as download.
Our hotel's philosophy is to provide something for every guest: peace and quiet, satisfaction and friendliness.